Will the Glazers sell?

Manchester United chat
Felwin
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago I didn't know this, but a chunk of the total 1bn United owe is credit. Anthony and Casemiro were bought on the company credit card cos we don't have the cash. We have to pay it back at some point.

If we're gonna spend in Jan to cover Ron it will be on the credit card again.

It really doesn't need saying again but it's an absolute joke that they've wanked themselves off for 15 years, even getting good press for our "sponsorship model" and all that lovely cashflow. But in order to get the squad to where it needs to be, United are piling on debt.

I can only really think of that Oyson at Blackpool who was a worse owner.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Is there any news on a preferred buyer? It's been about a month since they put the club up for sale, I hoped we'd be hearing something by now

When you see the mess the Glazers have made eg 1bn debt, eye watering interest payments, falling revenues and Old Trafford needing mega investment or risk being condemned in 3-5 years, the selling process needs to get underway asap

All I've heard is the Raine Group are pushing for a sale to be completed this financial quarter or something - eg around spring.
bman2
Legend

Probably means we won’t really spend any money in January, unless the sale happens before then.
swampash
Legend

Merry Christmas one and all, by the way...!
dozer
Legend

There isn't any news about potential bidders.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Ornstein says a deal could be coming "very soon" - as if he's got some insider info

I might be wrong but the fact no individual or nation has been linked with the club or declared their interest makes me think it might be private equity taking over - aka a faceless organisation

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

According to the Athletic Ten Hag wanted Gakpo, we agreed personal terms in summer. The decision not to buy was purely financial. We had 300+ mil in the bank 3 years ago, now we have 24m and a maxed out credit card - on top of 1bn debt which includes 200m in unpaid transfers.

fat maradona
Legend

Fuck the Glazers wrote: 1 year ago Ornstein says a deal could be coming "very soon" - as if he's got some insider info

I might be wrong but the fact no individual or nation has been linked with the club or declared their interest makes me think it might be private equity taking over - aka a faceless organisation
Avram was spotted meeting the same Qatari billionaire for the 2nd time within a couple of weeks......either they're best mates now or something is brewing re sale.

Unless Ratcliffe buys us, we are looking at the possibility of making a pact with the devil (aka PE) or being owned by the UAE.
dozer
Legend

I'd rather have Arabic owners than USA. US owners have mostly been terrible in this league.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Putting the moral aspect to one side, PE owners would be a problem. I really don't see what's in it for PE. Their whole ethos is based around aquiring businesses, investing and/or removing costs and growing the value of that business to prime it for resale and return a profit.

You're talking 5-7b to buy us. Another billion to wipe off the debt. Another billion to modernise the stadium and facilities and another billion invested on the team over the next 3 years. That's up to £10b.

How do you return an investment on that? Where's the potential for extra revenue growth that takes the value of United to nearer £15b over the next 5-10 years? I don't see it. PE owners, in my opinion, are less likely to invest in things like the stadium and facilties.

Our quality on the pitch, the way we set ourselves up as sporting entity, the experience for matchgoing fans, would all be better with a state backed owner. Which isn't to say I think its right.

I originally thought a digital media giant like Google or Amazon would be our buyer, but now I think the most likely outcome is some form of middle eastern ownership.