Qatar World Cup

Non-United football chat
Felwin
Legend

FuB wrote: 1 year ago
Felwin wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago Shows more guts and has more impact to go there and criticize the hosts during live coverage, IMHO.

The thing that annoys me is that there wasn’t nearly as much criticism when it came to hosting the WC in Russia, or the Olympics in China. Definitely a double standard there.
I'm not sure that's the case tbf. I think we've all just taken a while to adjust and really realise where we should be pointing the finger.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has had an impact too I reckon. Made a lot of outlets more determined to not make the same mistake again.
They annexed Crimea in 2014 and shot down the Malaysia airlines flight the same year. Fingers were being pointed then but no one stopped sucking Putin's cock in 2018.
That’s what I mean, we’ve been adjusting. But the invasion this year has been a red line for the mainstream which I’m not sure we’ll ever retreat back over.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Jason wrote: 1 year ago Southgate is so overrated, no excuses that England squad should be doing better against likes of USA.

They will probably scrap through to semis again before exit and he'll keep his "reputation" when in reality that England squad should be easily making it that far and have a strong shout of winning it.
If he makes the semi finals then he's been England's best manager for decades no?
England have had higher profile managers do worse with the golden generation.

Edit: actually he's already the best considering he's gotten a semi final last world cup and a final in the euros.
Being best england manager for decades, isnt exactly the most lavish of praise.

That world cup run was the easiest he could have asked for, and he still fluffed his lines against a much inferior Croatia team.

And he's still living off it. Euros as well, basically a home tournament, 1 nil up in the final after a minute and still shit the bed.

England will never win a major tournament with him, when they have a squad that should be doing it.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Belgium are shite. It's noticeable the teams that have no way of playing or are between styles. They can be beaten by any team that know what they're doing even if their players are worse.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Really like the look of Dani Olmo. Not just tonight, I've seen him 3 or 4 times and he looks very, very good. Would love him at United but he'll probably go to City
Last edited by JoelfuckingGlazer 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jason
Star Man

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Really like the like of Dani Olmo. Not just tonight, I've seen him 3 or 4 times and he looks very, very good. Would love him at United but he'll probably go to City
Muisiala is a proper talent as well, 1st time I've really seen him, and he was unreal tonight.

Prob zero chance of prying him away from Munich, he's the jewel in their crown for next 10+ years.
dozer
Legend

I don't see the hype about Vinicius Jr. I've seen him play about a dozen times maybe and he seems a decent player but nothing more. I'm surprised he plays for Real Madrid. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him play for us though.
bman2
Legend

dozer wrote: 1 year ago I don't see the hype about Vinicius Jr. I've seen him play about a dozen times maybe and he seems a decent player but nothing more. I'm surprised he plays for Real Madrid. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him play for us though.
Akanji handled him well. Akanji looks very good.

It’s funny watching Brazil with so many United players in the team.
Jason
Star Man

Suarez really is a wee dick.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63821327

"It wasn't my fault because I didn't miss the penalty."

You didnt miss the pen, but you intentionally stopped a certain goal which would have sent Ghana through you ball bag - ergo them not getting through was your fault.

Lol - I suppose whatever he needs to tell himself to help justify his actions.
dozer
Legend

Jason wrote: 1 year ago Suarez really is a wee dick.

You didnt miss the pen, but you intentionally stopped a certain goal which would have sent Ghana through you ball bag - ergo them not getting through was your fault.

That's bollocks Jason. How is what he did different from a tactical foul? So many players commit deliberate challenges to bring down a player who is through on goal. Suarez should be proud of what he did.
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 1 year ago
Jason wrote: 1 year ago Suarez really is a wee dick.

That's bollocks Jason. How is what he did different from a tactical foul? So many players commit deliberate challenges to bring down a player who is through on goal. Suarez should be proud of what he did.
So him deliberately saving a goal in the 120th min of wc knock out round, and the team not going through as a result his action is not his fault?

Google the definition, Its the very definition of fault.

Fuck me dozer, that's bollocks if you believe that.

And to your point, bringing a player down, is slightly different, there is always a chance of keeper save or miss, and the timing of his handball as well, it was result changing.